Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 5

In the folktale, the giant's name is Antigonus. Antigonus originates from a man who lived around the time 382 BC. He was a general for the massive army of Alexander the Great. I found this interesting because his name derives from a man or violence and the army. The giant is also like this and very violent.

Giant: Pachacuti (from Inca emperor's name)
Brabo: João (common Brazilian male name)

Those are the only two main characters in the folktale. But because this is going to be a child's book I wanted to make the names a little more easy. For Pachacuti, I want to shorten it out to maybe Pachu or Pachi. I haven't made my mind. I am going to keep João since it's easy and really cool looking with the accent over the letter!

5 comments:

  1. You have done really good research. Have you came up with any names for your pastiche.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a lot of research on your folk tale characters, but have you thought of character name that you are going to use in your pastiche?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should probably add pronunciation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two names I chose up there are possible choices for their names. The giant's name is originally Antigonus. And the hero's name is Brabo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two paragraphs! Please edit this post and write two paragraphs, or you will not receive credit.

    ReplyDelete