Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 13

The message in the original Belgian folktale was that karma always comes back to mean people. Since the giant wanted to overthrow the village for the trade and make money from taxing the heck out of all the ships passing through. If they didn't pay the tax, then he would cut off they're hands and throw them into the river. In the end they killed the giant and threw his hands into the river.

In my pastiche I wanted to keep the same moral in the original folktale. I haven't researched any rivers near the city of Rio de Janeiro. I want the new Antigonus to be very cruel and hateful to all of the villagers. Then I want all of the villagers to do something that will make him mortal or kill him while mortal. Moral is, karma always comes back even to the meanest of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment